Admissions FAQs

I am an international student, how do I apply?
  1. Find a program and pick one you like.
  2. Check our admission requirements and application deadlines for international students.
What are the requirements to study at Acadia College?
  1. The application form must be filled and signed
  2. Applicants must have completed grade 12 (or equivalent) for admission to all programs.
  3. You are expected to demonstrate English language proficiency by completing IELTs or an equivalent test.

Scan your documents and e-mail them to to be verified.

What are the English Language Proficiency Requirements?

You are required complete IELTs (or an equivalent) with an overall average score of 6.

Is there an admissions fee?

Yes, our fee is $150 CAD for domestic students and $350 for international students. You will have to pay the fee before applying for a visa and obtaining a Letter of Acceptance (LOA). This is a non-refundable/non-transferable fee.

Do you offer a refund on tuition if I leave midway through my course?

Please have a look at our refund policy provided on our website.

Do you provide jobs?

We can help our students in the future if they need help with career guidance, however we do not offer employment.

I’m currently living overseas; will I need a visa to study at Acadia College?

Citizen and Immigration Canada (CIC) requires all students who plan to study in Canada (including flight training) for a period greater than 6 months to apply for a student visa.

The following countries do not need a visa for a stay of up to 6 months:

Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (National Passport holders only), Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Portugal, Republic of Korea, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, San Marino, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Slovenia, Switzerland, United States, and Western Samoa.

If your country is not listed above, please refer to

Please note that Acadia College is happy to issue students a Letter of Acceptance but will not get involved in the visa application process.

What is the difference between a visa and a study permit?

A study permit authorizes you to study at a college/university and is required for you to remain in Canada for the duration of your studies.

A visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) allows you to enter Canada. Depending on your citizenship, you may need a visa or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) in addition to a study permit in order to enter Canada as an international student. For more details, please refer to:

How can I get a study permit (visa)?

Once you have received your official Letter of Acceptance, you can apply for a study permit at the nearest Canadian Embassy or Consulate in your home country. The Embassy will ask you for other information as well, and you may need to take a medical examination.

How long will it take for me to receive my study permit?

The length of time the Embassy requires to process your application is different in each country. In some countries, it may take only a few days, while in others it may take several months. Check visa processing time:

For study permit applications processed by visa offices outside Canada, see

For study permit applications processed within Canada, see

Will Acadia College refund my fees if my application for my study permit is not approved?

If your application for a visa is not approved, we ask that you e-mail a copy of the refusal letter from the Canadian Embassy to prior to the semester start date. Acadia College will then process a 100% refund minus an administration fee. Please note the refund process takes approximately four weeks.

Does Acadia College offer student accommodation?

Unfortunately, we do not provide accommodation. However, we can provide some links to useful information online for local accommodation options in the Langley/Surrey Area.

Depending on what type of accommodation you would prefer, the costs begins at about $700-800 CAD per month for basic rooms; additional utility costs and other expenses may be on top of this.

This is a popular website for room rental:

You could also look on Craigslist: